NEW YORK CITY - Heavy rain, gusty winds and potential flooding is expected throughout the day Friday across the tri-state area.
Excessive runoff from the slow moving coastal low will likely result in several instances of flash flooding in urban and poor drainage areas, as well as along small rivers and streams.
Terminal A at LaGuardia Airport is closed. MetroNorth Harlem & New Haven lines are suspended in both directions. All lanes of the FDR Drive are also closed in both directions at Delancey Street.
- MORE: FOX 5 NY Weather Center
- Rain throughout the day could be heavy at times.
- 3" to 5" of rain for many, while some localized areas could see up to 7".
- Very slow commute expected.
- Coastal flooding could be an issue.
NYC Weekend Forecast
- Friday will see heavy rain and possible storms throughout the day. Temps will be in the low-60.
- Saturday is expected to see morning showers, but the rest of the day will be dry. Highs will be in the mid-60s, with lows in the high-50s.
- Sunday should see sunny skies. Highs will be in the mid-70s, with lows in the high-50s.
LaGuardia Airport Status
- Click HERE for the latest updates out of LaGuardia Airport.
Newark Airport Status
- Click HERE for the latest updates out of Newark Airport.
JFK Airport Status
- Click HERE for the latest updates out of JFK Airport.