It's 10 p.m. Do you know where your children are?
It is one of the most famous phrases in New York City news. It's been used to start the 10 O'clock news for decades. Here is a look at how it got its start.
- First, remember never give our personal information such as your name, home address, school name, or telephone number online. Also, never send a picture of yourself to someone you chat with on the computer without your parent's permission.
- Never write to someone who has made you feel uncomfortable or scared.
- Do not meet someone or have them visit you without the permission of your parents.
- Tell your parents right away if you read anything on the Internet that makes you feel uncomfortable.
- Remember that people online may not be who they say they are. Someone who says that "she" is a "12-year-old girl" could really be an older man.