NEW YORK (FOX 5 NY) - September 21 is Batman Day, and as part of the celebration of the Caped Crusader’s 80th Anniversary, DC and Warner Bros. are bringing the bat-signal to New York City and twelve other cities all across the world.
The bat-signal will be able to be found projected on the west side face Domino Sugar Refinery at 300 Kent Avenue in Brooklyn beginning at 8 p.m., and the Empire State Building will also shine in yellow and white to honor The Dark Knight.
The global celebration will also take place in:
- Melbourne at Fed Square
- Tokyo at MAGNET by SHIBUYA109 at Shibuya Scramble Crossing
- Johannesburg at The Leonardo Building
- Berlin at Potzdamer Platz 11
- Rome at Roma Termini
- Paris at Galeries Lafayette
- Barcelona at Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya
- London at the Senate House
- São Paulo at Itaúsa - LMB
- Montreal at Complex Dupuis
- New York at the Domino Sugar Refinery
- Mexico City at Torre Reforma
- Los Angeles at Los Angeles City Hall
Fans can follow the festivities with the new interactive Batman Bat-Tracker. As cities flip the switch illuminating the famous insignia, the Batman Bat-Tracker will mirror the real-time projections. Additional information on Bat-Signal celebrations and Batman Day activations can be found at Batman80.com.