FILE - Bob McGrath, right, looks at the Cookie Monster as the accept the Lifetime Achievement Award for 'Sesame Street' at the Daytime Emmy Awards on Sunday Aug. 30, 2009,in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Chris Pizzello)
NEW YORK (FOX5NY) - Children's show, 'Sesame Street,' is denying reports that it was letting go of three, longtime, human cast members.
The children's show said that actor Bob McGrath, part of the original cast in 1969, and Emilio Delgado, who plays Luis the handyman, last performed in episodes taped in 2013.
Roscoe Orman, who has played original character Gordon since 1974, filmed new appearances for the current season of the show, which, beginning this year, is airing on HBO as well as on PBS.
McGrath, 84, said on a podcast earlier this month that since the move to HBO "they let all of the original cast members go."
A spokeswoman for the show said Thursday that all three would continue to appear on the show. She also made clear that HBO has nothing to do with the production of the show..
McGrath announced earlier this year that he would be ending his run along with Delgado and Orman after a 45 year run.
"Sesame Street" premiered in 1969. It currently airs on HBO and PBS.
With the Associated Press