The Queens-bound BQE will be fully closed from Atlantic Avenue to Sands Street from Saturday, Oct. 14 at 2 a.m. to Monday, Oct. 16 at 4 a.m.
The NYC DOT says during the same timeframe, the Staten Island-bound BQE will be reduced to one lane of traffic between Sands Street and Atlantic Avenue.
- Atlantic Avenue eastbound left turn onto Hicks Street banned (except for buses)
- Atlantic Avenue eastbound left turn onto Clinton Street banned (except for buses)
- Bus Stops B67 and B69 at Pearl and Sands Street will be closed
- Bus Stops B61 and B63 at Columbia Street and Atlantic Avenue will be redirected to Atlantic and Henry Street and rerouted via Congress Street and Hicks Street to Atlantic Avenue
The Vine Street/Old Fulton Street ramp will be closed.
- 3rd Ave entrance Ramp
- 6th Ave entrance ramp
- Prospect Expressway Entrance Ramp
- Hamilton Avenue Entrance Ramp
- Atlantic Avenue Entrance Ramp
- Cadman Plaza Exit Ramp
- Brooklyn Bridge Exit Ramp
- Manhattan Bridge Exit Ramp
Staten Island Bound
- Flushing Avenue Entrance Ramp
- Sands Street Entrance Ramp
- Vine Street Entrance Ramp
Travelers are strongly encouraged to avoid the BQE during scheduled closures.
"During the summer we removed some of the concrete, but now in order to install the new one we have to give it more time for [it] to cure. And that's what will be happening this coming weekend," Rodriguez said.
For more information on road closures visit the DOT's website.