The once-Category 4 hurricane made landfall along the southern Baja California peninsula late Sunday morning as a tropical storm and gradually declined in intensity an organization over Mexico and the Southwest U.S.
- LA Hurricane Hilary: 'Hunker down' & 'Stay off the roads,' National Weather Service warns SoCal residents
- LA Hurricane Hilary: Tropical Storm Warning issued in Southern California for 1st time
- Hurricane Hilary will impact Southern California's supply chain, expert says
Due to the wide-ranging impacts, states of emergencies were issued in California and Nevada – two of the states expecting the worst of what Hilary had to offer.
Here is a list of events canceled or rescheduled, as well as attractions, parks, and more closed due to the impending storm. The list will be updated as necessary.
Los Angeles County
- Los Angeles Unified School District (reopening Tuesday)
- Inglewood USD (reopening Tuesday)
- Acton-Agua Dulce USD (reopening Tuesday)
- Pasadena USD (reopening Tuesday)
- Paramount USD (reopening Tuesday)
- Saugus Union SD (reopening Tuesday)
- William S. Hart Union High SD (reopening Tuesday)
- Castaic USD (reopening Tuesday)
- Newhall SD (reopening Tuesday)
- Sulphur Springs Union SD (reopening Tuesday)
- Westside Union SD (reopening Tuesday)
- Eastside Union SD (reopening Tuesday)
- Lancaster SD (reopening Tuesday)
- Palmdale SD (reopening Tuesday)
- Rosemead SD (reopening Tuesday)
- Hughes-Elizabeth Lakes Union SD (reopening Tuesday)
San Bernardino County
- Rialto Unified School District (reopening Tuesday)
- Colton Joint USD (reopening Tuesday)
- College of the Desert (reopening Tuesday)
- Cal State, Fullerton (reopening Tuesday)
Monday evening's Los Angeles Angels game against the Cincinnati Reds has been postponed due "the effects from yesterday's storm," according to the team. The game has been rescheduled for Wednesday as part of a doubleheader. All tickets for Monday's game will be honored for the second game of the Wednesday doubleheader, with first pitch set for 6:38 p.m.
The Hollywood Bowl announced the My Morning Jacket - Fleet Foxes concert is postponed to Aug. 28.
Rapper Michael Franti and metal band Spearhead's planned Sunday concert at The Greek Theatre is postponed until Sept. 15.
The Festival of Arts of Laguna Beach will temporarily close the festival's Fine Art Show and cancel Pageant of the Masters performances Monday.
The band Chicago show at Pacific Amphitheatre in Costa Mesa has been rescheduled for Sept. 5.
KCRW's Summer Nights show at LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes , scheduled for Sunday, has been postponed until Sept. 10.
Parks, Beaches, Campgrounds
The County of Los Angeles Parks system is closed Monday due to Hilary. All LA County Parks, buildings and facilities will remain closed, including, but not limited to:
- Picnic Shelters
- Multi-use Trails
- Botanical Gardens and Arboretums
- Lakes and Swim Beaches
- Pools and Aquatic Centers
- Natural Areas and Nature Centers
- Performance Venues
Additionally, the National Park Service closed Joshua Tree National Park and Mojave National Preserve to keep people from becoming stranded amid flooding.
California Department of Parks and recreation also temporarily closed all state beaches in Orange and San Diego Counties "out of an abundance of caution for public safety." More information can be found here.
The following campgrounds are closed effective Monday:
- Bolsa Chica State Beach
- Huntington State Beach
- Crystal Cove State Park (Including Historic District Cottages)
- Doheny State Beach
- San Clemente State Beach
- San Onofre State Beach
In Long Beach, all city-run parks, trails and sports facilities for recreational use as well as beach parking lots are closed through at least noon on Monday, Aug. 21. City-run parks, including open spaces and sports facilities, are closed for all active and passive recreational use including walking, hiking, running, sports activities, picnics and gatherings. This includes all public trails, trailheads, basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, golf courses, dog parks, playgrounds, skate parks, public park parking lots and picnic areas. Beach parking lots are also closed, with the exception of the Claremont Parking Lot (5400 E. Ocean Blvd.) and the Lifeguard Station lot at 72nd Place and Ocean Boulevard for sandbag and sand distribution, while supplies lasts. If closures are extended, the City will send out follow-up notifications.
- Knott's Berry Farm: Open
- LA Zoo: Closed Monday
- Six Flags Magic Mountain and Hurricane Harbor: Closed, reopening Thursday, Aug. 24
- Pacific Park at Santa Monica Pier: Open
- Disneyland, Disney California Adventure, Downtown Disney District: Open regular hours
- Raging Waters: Closed, reopens Friday, Aug. 25
- Universal Studios Hollywood and City Walk: Open
FOX Weather and City News Service contributed to this report.