Dermatologist died of cocaine, alcohol intoxication
NEW YORK (AP) — The death of a dermatologist found in the entry of a Manhattan building earlier this month has been ruled accidental.
The medical examiner's office on Monday said Kiersten Cerveny died of acute cocaine and alcohol intoxication.
Police had suspected the 38-year-old mother from Long Island died of an overdose.
Authorities said Cerveny was drinking at a Manhattan nightspot before taking a cab to the Chelsea apartment building with movie producer Marc Henry Johnson.
Police said surveillance video showed Johnson and another man carrying Cerveny's body down the stairs to the building's lobby hours later.
Both men later fled. Officers found her lifeless body soon after. She was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.
Johnson was questioned by detectives but was not charged with a crime.