Another hoverboard catches fire

Amid the hype for this season’s hottest toy, many consumers are complaining about fires started when charging the devices.  And now there is yet another claim that one of the best-selling toys this holiday season may in fact, be a fire hazard.

Firefighters say an 11 year-old's hoverboard ignited without warning inside his Maryland home.
The boy says his family heard a loud boom while watching TV.
When they ran upstairs, they saw sparks and flames coming out of the hoverboard which had rolled under his bed.

The family says it was charging for about 30 minutes before the explosion.
A fire investigator says there may be an issue with chargers and battery units which is causing the hoverboards to ignite.