(Image released by Six Flags)
Riders will experience the feeling of weightlessness on a new roller coaster that's planned for Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson. Officials at the theme park reveled the new, 4-D free-fly coaster. It's being called Total Mayhem.
It will lift riders up a 12-story, 90-degree hill before flipping them head-over-heels at least six times in wing seats, providing a feeling of weightlessness. The new roller coaster is scheduled to be completed by the spring of 2016.
According to a release from the park, the coaster will feature:
- Massive, imposing, floating and twisting I-box track frame in a unique two-tone design
- One-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology featuring smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips providing you the feeling of weightlessness as you soar outside the confines of a traditional track
- 4-D wing vehicles that seat up to 8 per vehicle with a total of 5 vehicles
- Face-off seats that allow you to face each other as you tumble head over heels
- A 120-foot-tall, 90-degree hill that is ascended by an elevator-style, chain link lift
- Two beyond 90-degree “raven” drops giving the sensation of free-falling