The Center for Science in the Public Interest has released its “Xtreme Eating 2019” list of the unhealthiest foods being served in America.
The list contains foods with high calories, sugar, fat, sodium and other content it says is too much.
This year’s list includes:
- Sonic’s Oreo Peanut Butter Master Shake contains a “mere” 1,720 calories in a 32 oz. cup. It’s the equivalent of eating 15 Oreos blended with half a cup of lard.
- Cracker Barrel’s Country Boy Breakfast “comes with All The Fixin’s”, which in this case means 25 g of saturated fat and an astonishing 4,730 mg of sodium. It’s like eating three McDonald’s Egg McMuffins, plus four hash browns.
- Maggiano’s Today & Tomorrow Pastas contain a whopping 41 g of saturated fat, which is more than twice the daily recommended amount! The Braised Beef al Forno contains 1,760 calories, or you could choose the “healthier” option, the 1,400-calorie Taylor Street Baked Ziti. It’s like eating three Pizza Hut Personal Pan Cheese Pizzas.
- There’s a lot to do and eat at Topgolf, so why not have the Injectable Donut Holes? You can fill them with a variety of flavors like chocolate, raspberry jelly and/or Bavarian cream so hopefully, you’ll have some friends with a sweet tooth to share the meal’s 100 g of sugar and 1,970 calories. It’s like eating four Burger King Double Cheeseburgers, plus a large Coke.
- It shouldn’t be a surprise that a sandwich called the “Giant Gargantuan” isn’t healthy, but the 16-inch Jimmy John’s creation is quite impressive. Filled with salami, capicola, turkey, roast beef, ham, provolone cheese, onion, lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise and oil and vinegar, it clocks in at 2,190 calories and 7,720 mg of sodium. It’s like eating three Subway Cold Cut Combo footlong subs.
- There is only three of the Cheesecake Factory’s Cinnamon Roll Pancakes and they still managed to cram in 2,040 calories, 51 g of saturated fat, 2,950 mg of sodium and an estimated 137 g of sugar. Kudos. It’s like eating 11 Krispy Kreme Original Glazed Doughnuts.
- Chili’s The Boss Burger is definitely in charge, primarily of your blood pressure. Made with smoked brisket, rib meat, bacon, jalapeño-cheddar smoked sausage, cheddar, lettuce, tomato, and house-made BBQ sauce and ranch dressing, its 2,020 calories comes with 47 g of saturated fat and 3,900 mg of sodium. It’s like eating three McDonald’s Triple Cheeseburgers and a large fries.
- Dave and Buster’s Chicken & Waffle Sliders take basic ingredients and turn them into 2,340 calories of fried chicken, bacon, mini Belgian waffles, maple syrup and tater tots. It has 38 g of saturated fat, 3,420 mg of sodium, and 90 g of sugar. Or you could just eat eight Eggo waffles plus eight Jimmy Dean pork sausage patties douse in ½ a cup of maple syrup.