NEW YORK - Police have arrested a Long Island man for a string of anti-police graffiti incidents.
Suffolk County Police arrested Thomas Rivas of Huntington last week in connection with nine incidents between March and April 2021.
Rivas is accused of painting "Defund the Police" or "Defund Suffolk PD" on several buildings.
Police released a list of the buildings that were tagged:
• The Kaufman Corp, 133 West Hills Road, Huntington Station
• Ravello Ristorante, 1277 East Jericho Turnpike, Elwood
• Spirit of Huntington Arts Center, 2 Melville Road, Huntington Station
• Village Fireplace & Barbeque, 1979 New York Ave., Huntington Station
• Piccola Bussola Restaurant, 970 West Jericho Turnpike, Huntington
• Dunkin’, 281 Route 110, Huntington Station
• Salone Di Bianca, 369 West Jericho Turnpike, Huntington
• Sinai Furniture, 202 Depot Road, Huntington Station
• Dunkin’, 366 West Jericho Turnpike, Huntington Station
Rivas, 26, is charged with nine counts of making graffiti. The Suffolk County Police Department says he will be arraigned in Central Islip at a later date. No information about a lawyer for Rivas was available.