(FOX News) - At least seven people were injured – several of whom were stabbed – Sunday when friction between neo-Nazi and counter demonstrators in Sacramento turned violent.
Seven patients were transported to area hospitals, “some with critical trauma stab wounds,” the Sacramento Fire Department said. None of the injuries are believed to be life-threatening, Sacramento Police Officer Matt McPhail said.
The injuries were the result of what the fire department described as a “mass casualty event.”
"It was quite a bit of a melee," SFD public information officer Chris Harvey said.
No arrests had been made as of Sunday afternoon, but the original, permitted neo-Nazi rally was officially cancelled. That rally was to include factions from the Traditionalist Workers Party, Golden State Skinheads, Blood & Honor, National Socialist Movement and Ku Klux Klan, news outlets reported.
Copyright 2016 FOX 11 Los Angeles : Download our mobile app for breaking news alerts or to watch FOX 11 News | Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Be a citizen journalist for FOX 11 and get paid – download the Fresco News App today.