MASTIC BEACH, N.Y. (AP) - Police say a woman and her adult son and daughter have been arrested in connection to a string of seven armed robberies of small businesses.
Suffolk County authorities say a 25-year-old man went into a Dunkin Donuts in Coram on Saturday night, displayed a knife and asked for money. The store employee opened the register and went to the back of the store while the man took some money and fled, where his 55-year-old mother was waiting in a parked car.
Police say both were taken into custody and an investigation led to the arrest of a 31-year-old woman, the man's sister.
Authorities say the mother has been arrested in connection with one of the seven robberies, and her children are facing charges connected to six robberies.
Here were the stores that were robbed:
• Family Dollar, located at 349 Horseblock Road in Farmingville, on September 23 at 9:50 p.m.
• Family Dollar, located at 222 Portion Road in Lake Ronkonkoma, on September 29 at approximately 10 p.m.
• Carvel, located at 400 Horseblock Road in Farmingville, on October 13 at 9:55 p.m.
• Carvel, located at 400 Horseblock Road in Farmingville, on October 14 at approximately 10 p.m.
• Dunkin Donuts, located at 500-11 Medford Ave. in Patchogue, on October 16 at 10:33 p.m.
• Dollar Tree, located at 3235 Horseblock Road in Medford, on October 17 at 9:43 p.m.
• Dunkin Donuts, located at 350 Middle Country Road in Coram, on October 21 at approximately 9:45 p.m.