Man dies after setting himself on fire on Facebook Live

A Tennessee man died after setting himself on fire on Facebook Live, police said.  Police said they arrived at Murphy's Bar in midtown Memphis on Saturday night and discovered the man severely burned.

The man, whom Fox 13 identified as Jared McLemore, 33, reportedly doused himself with kerosene while recording live and then ran into the bar.

McLemore allegedly erupted in flames in front of horrified patrons, including his ex-girlfriend who works at the establishment.

“This gentleman comes running into the room on fire screaming incomprehensibly,” one witness told Fox 8.

Witnesses said some initially thought it was a joke while others tried to help put him out, throwing t-shirts and jackets on him — to no avail.

McLemore was taken to the hospital where he later died.

Another man, who was reportedly trying to help, suffered burns when he tried to take McLemore’s lighter away.