Knife recovered during assault at FedEx Field following Redskins-Cowboys game

Image 1 of 5

Mike Vaughn / Facebook

A knife was recovered after an assault at FedEx Field following a game between the Washington Redskins and the Dallas Cowboys.

Video of the incident shows an out-of-control crowd pushing and shoving each other in the club section concourse area near Section 309 following the game that was won by Dallas. (WARNING: Video contains graphic images and vulgar language)

In the video, you can see a man in a Cowboys jersey on the ground being assisted by a man in a Redskins jacket. Mike Vaughn, a Cowboys fan who recorded the video on his phone, said he first thought there was a stabbing. However, that did not happen to be the case.

The video also shows what appeared to be a knife on the ground nearby. A man with a yellow jacket, who may have been with security, can be seen stepping on the object to cover it up.

While a knife was confirmed to have been recovered, the Prince George's County Fire and EMS Department said they did not respond to a stabbing at any point during Monday’s game at FedEx Field.

Prince George's County police said two men, one from Silver Spring and one from Germantown, were arrested following the incident. They have been charged with assault.

Police said it was unclear who was in possession of the knife at the time of the fight. However, court documents related to the arrests do not mention anything about a knife.

When Vaughn saw the violence breaking out along with the possible knife, he told FOX 5, “I thought, ‘Wow, I need to get out of here,’ and also, ‘How did this guy get a knife into the stadium?’"

Vaughn said metal detectors were set up at the entrance to the stadium when he arrived for the game and he was checked for weapons along with other fans.

"A slight pat down, empty the pockets, just all the typical game procedures," he described about the stadium's security check.

Redskins senior vice president of communications Tony Wyllie sent FOX 5 the following statement:

"I'm definitely hoping that they will tighten up the security procedures because thinking there could be some people in there that have knives -- maybe it was just a guy in a fight this time, but next time, it could be much more serious, especially with all that's going on in the country right now," Vaughn said.

Video posted online of a separate incident shows fans fighting in the stands during the game. Security officers can be seen escorting at least one person from the seating area.