Costume catches fire burns boy

HARRISON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — A southern New Jersey boy sustained 2nd-degree burns after his Halloween costume caught fire.

Gloucester County officials tell WCAU-TV in Philadelphia the 7-year-old's costume went up in flames when he walked by a candle at a home on Stockton Drive in Harrison Township on Saturday.

The child was taken to Crozer Chester Medical Center in Chester, Pennsylvania, for treatment of the burns to his chest and neck.

His name has not been released and there is no word on his condition.