KTVU staff - More than a week after a series of wildfires broke out in the North Bay, the numbers told part of a horrifying story of the disaster.
While the numbers are ever changing, this is what we know as of Thursday morning:
In terms of fires, Cal Fire provided the latest updates on the wildfires. A breakout of some of the largest fires:
BEAR FIRE: Bear Canyon Road and Deer Creek Road in Boulder Creek. 391 acres, 79% contained.
Santa Cruz County: Evacuation orders remain for Bear Creek Canyon Road, Deer Creek Road, Rons Road, Dons Road, and their tributary streets in the fire area.
Evacuation orders have been lifted for the Las Cumbres and Skyline Blvd. communities.
Areas South of Bear Creek Rd.
Evacuation orders have been lifted for areas south of Bear Creek Road such as Hidden
Springs Lane, Moon Rise Road, Mustang Mesa, and Bear Creek Way.
Areas still under Evacuation and Closed Bear Creek Canyon Road, Deer Creek Road, Rons Road, Dons Road, and their tributary streets in the effected fire area will remain closed.
The evacuation orders that remain in place for the fire area will be lifted at 8:00 a.m. on Monday 10/23/17
Lakeside Elementary: 19621 Black Rd, Los Gatos
Zayante FPD Station: 7700 E Zayante Rd, Felton
Animal Evacuation Shelters:
Horses & Goats: Graham Hill Showgrounds: 1145 Graham Hill Rd, Santa Cruz
Small Animals: Santa Cruz County Animal Services: 2200 7th Ave, Santa Cruz
CENTRAL LNU COMPLEX (4 fires)
In unified command with Santa Rosa Fire Department & Sonoma County Sheriff 23 civilian fatalities
- Tubbs Fire, Sonoma and Napa Counties Between Calistoga and Santa Rosa 36,807 acres, 94% contained. Significant number of structures destroyed,
- Pocket Fire, Sonoma County North of Geyserville. 17,357 acres, 87% contained
- Nuns Fire, Sonoma County. East of Hwy 12 from east Santa Rosa to east of Sonoma. 56,556 acres, 90% contained
SOUTHERN LNU COMPLEX (2 fires)
- Atlas Fire, Napa & Solano Counties south of Lake Berryessa and northeast of Napa. 51,624 acres, 93% contained
MENDOCINO-LAKE COMPLEX (2 fires)
- Redwood Valley, Mendocino County north of Hwy 20 in Potter Valley and Redwood Valley. 36,523 acres, 97% contained
- Sulphur Fire, Lake County, Clearlake Oaks. 2,207 acres, 96% contained