Yuma police say they received multiple reports of a social media video showing a man coughing on a gas pump while referencing the spread of COVID-19.
The man was identified as a resident of Winterhaven, California and told police he got the idea from other videos he had seen on the internet. His name was not released.
Police say the man did not show any signs or symptoms for coronavirus.
"Charges of Unlawful Use of Infectious Biological Substance will be sent to the County Attorney for review," stated Sgt. Lori Franklin. "Please remember that social distancing along with the use of gloves and disinfectant during this crisis is an important defense against COVID-19."
In order to protect yourself from a possible infection, the CDC recommends:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
FULL COVERAGE: fox10phoenix.com/coronavirus
How it spreads, symptoms, prevention, treatment, FAQ
Arizona COVID-19 Response
Public resources, FAQ, webinars
On CoronavirusNOW.com, you'll find extensive coverage about COVID-19, including breaking news from around the country, exclusive interviews with health officials, and informative content from a variety of public health resources.