NEW YORK (FOX5NY) - UFC's Dana White says that rumors that Conor McGregor is going to fight in the WWE's April 2018 WrestleMania are not true.
"It's not true. It's absolutely not true," White said.
In an appearance on Good Day New York Thursday morning, White said that he had just communicated with WWE's Vince McMahon via text and he shot down the rumors.
When asked to see the text message by co-host Rosanna Scotto, White showed the string of communications.
In one of the messages McMahon stated: "News to me".
He later added "It might be good someday but not now".
The site SunSport was the initial source for the report that McGregor was in talks to make the appearance.
McGregor made millions of dollars over the summer in a boxing match against former world champion Floyd Mayweather. He lost the August fight and has not appeared in the UFC since then.