Gas explosion shakes New Jersey community

- A gas explosion rocked a house and rattled a neighborhood in Elmwood Park, New Jersey, Thursday night.

The stove was leaking gas on the first floor of a home on Martha Avenue, police said. The gas ignited, burning a woman who lives there and blowing out a bay window, police said.

Medics brought the woman to St. Joseph's Hospital in Paterson, where she was treated for minor and moderate burns to her face and hand.

Up Next:

  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in - includes Advertiser Stories