NEW YORK (FOX5NY.COM) - The NYPD on Tuesday arrested and charged another suspect in connection with the stabbing death of a teenager in the Bronx.
New York authorities charged Luis A. Cabrera Santos, 25, of the Bronx, with murder, manslaughter, gang assault, and criminal possession of a weapon.
On July 9, Connecticut state troopers pulled over a car Cabrera Santos was driving on Interstate-84 in Southbury.
Connecticut authorities charged Cabrera Santos with fugitive from justice because he was wanted in connection with the brutal death of Lesandro "Junior" Guzman-Feliz, 15, on June 20. This week, Cabrera Santos was extradited back to New York.
So far, a dozen men are in custody. The NYPD said the suspects are members of the Trinitarios gang and wrongly targeted Guzman-Feliz, who had no ties to any gang activity and was in the NYPD's Explorers program.
They attacked Guzman-Feliz at a bodega, dragged him outside, and stabbed and slashed him, police said. "Junior" stumbled to a nearby hospital where he collapsed and died.
Thousands of people attended the funeral services for Guzman-Feliz.