NEW YORK (FOX 5 NY) - There were some frightening moments for passengers on a Delta Connection plane at LaGuardia Airport Wednesday afternoon after a battery caught on fire in a passenger's bag in an overhead bin.
Two producers from the website "Now This" were on the plane and shot video of the smoke coming into the cabin on the flight to Houston. It happened while the plane was still on the tarmac.
Video showed a flight attendant using a fire extinguisher to put out the small fire.
Delta issued a statement saying that the plane was a SkyWest plane operating as a Delta Connection flight and: "Passengers deplaned routinely through the main cabin door and we are working to help our customers resume their travels to Houston on a different aircraft as quickly as possible."
No injuries were reported.