Police have released the names of a northern New Jersey mom and her year-old son who died from carbon monoxide poisoning after snow blocked the exhaust pipe of their car.
Passaic police say 23-year-old Sashalynn Rosa, of Passaic, and her son, Messiah Bonilla, were found Saturday night by her husband. The couple's other child, 3-year-old Saniyah Bonilla, was also hurt and remains hospitalized in critical condition.
Authorities say Rosa's husband had been shoveling out the family's car while she and their children sat inside to keep warm. But they didn't realize the car's exhaust pipe was covered and blocked with snow, leading the three inside to lose consciousness.
The family lived a short distance away.