FOX 5 NEWS - 'Tis the season for conga lines and plastic cups of champagne. Yes, the holiday office soirée -- a time for you and your colleagues to loosen up those buttons and revel in good cheer. But anytime you mix cocktails with coworkers there's room for error. If you don't see your boss while you're there, just take a selfie with the DJ as photographic proof.
Greg Giangrande is chief human resources officer for Time Inc. He says you don't have to add unemployed to hungover if you follow some simple rules:
- Remember that it is still a work function, not a social function with friends.
- Know your limits when it comes to alcohol.
- Don't talk office politics and don't talk work; make pleasant talk, perhaps about people's plans for the holidays.
- Be a good friend: if you see someone who has had a little too much to drink, tap them on the shoulder and suggest that it is time to leave.
- Don't make your company regret hosting a fun night of free food and drinks.
- The most important thing is showing up and saying hello.