5 people in Queens overcome by carbon monoxide

NEW YORK (AP) -- Authorities say five people have been taken to a hospital because of high levels of carbon monoxide at a house in Queens.

A fire department spokesman says emergency crews responded to the Bayside home around 5:30 a.m. Tuesday.

He says one person was listed in serious condition at Nassau County Medical Center. The others were taken to Long Island Jewish Medical Center in less serious condition.

A police department spokesman says the victims involved two adults and three children.

Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Up Next:

  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in - includes Advertiser Stories