Boy dead, sister injured in Linden CO poisoning, report

- A nine-year-old boy is dead and his 10-year-old sister is in critical condition after being overcome by carbon monoxide, according to various media reports.

The incident at the family's home in Linden, New Jersey occurred Tuesday morning.

The childrens' mother reportedly found the pair unconscious in their bedroom.

The boy was rushed to Trinitas Hospital where he was pronounced dead, and the girl was taken to Newark Beth Israel Hospital where she is in "extremely critical condition," reported NJ.com.

High levels of carbon monoxide- a colorless, odorless, toxic gas-- were recorded by fire fighters at the home on Passaic Avenue.

Investigators are examining a boiler found below the childrens' bedroom as a potential source of the CO.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in - includes Advertiser Stories