NEW YORK (FOX 5 NY) - Recipe for Miso Code with Pickled Cucumber provided by MEGU at Dream New York Downtown.
MISO MARINADE INGREDIENTS:
Red miso 1 lb
Sake 1 cup
Sugar 1 cup
Mirin 1 cup
Basil Oil, Chili Oil, Pea Shoots and Hajikami (for assembly)
1. Boil all ingredients together and reduce down to simmer for 15 minutes, until 40 percent reduced.
2. Cool it down.
3. Place the cod in a plastic bag with 1.5 cups of the marinade and let sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
4. Heat the pan and add a tablespoon of oil, and sear the cod 1 minute on each side.
5. Glaze it with the 2 tbsp of miso.
6. Finish it in the oven for 5 minutes.
7. Garnish with Basil Oil, Chili Oil, Pea Shoots, Hajikami, and Pickled Cucumber (recipe below).
Cucumber (thinly sliced, 3inches long) 2
Rice Vinegar ½ cup
Sugar ¼ cup
Marinate for at least two hours.