NEW YORK (FOX5NY) - Dieting is usually about deprivation but this diet is different. It allows you to eat carbs, dine out, drink alcohol and more.
How does it work?
It is the brainchild of registered dietitian and author Tanya Zuckerbrot. She came up with the F-Factor Diet. She is releasing an updated version of the book in Aprils.
Here are some pointers:
1. Eat Carbs - high fiber carbs rev metabolism / make calories and fat disappear.
- Bowl of fiber one cereal with blueberries and milk
- GG cracker sandwich - turkey lettuce and tomato
- Big bowl of popcorn with truffle oil and parmesan
2. Dine Out - combining fiber and protein keeps you feeling full, for longest period of time, on fewest calories
- Sushi plate: 2 naruto rolls, 6 pieces sashimi, miso soup and salad
- Italian plate: meatballs with sauce and salad
- Steak house plate: filet mignon with asparagus and grilled tomatoes
3. Drink Alcohol - including wine/alcohol in diet minimizes potential feelings of deprivation/ denial
- Vodka martini (can be water in martini glass)
- Glass of red wine
- Glass of white wine
- Tequila drink (short glass with tequila and lime juice with lime wedge)
4. Exercise Less - Focusing on strength training rather than cardio, you’re going to work out more efficiently.