NEW YORK (FOX 5 NY) - Your pet dog needs special attention during the winter months to keep him warm, safe and comfortable.
Dr. Carly Fox of the Animal Medical Center of the Upper East Side recommends you do the following:
1. Make sure to wash your dog's paws.
2. If they won't let you wash their paws, try using Musher's Paste.
3. Be careful about letting your dog into the garage in the winter. Some hazards include anti-freeze.
4. Be careful they don't eat things off the street. The most common reason dogs up in the ER is they eat something off of the sidewalk.
5. Bring your dog inside even if you have a dog house. It's really cold for them and you.