NEW YORK (FOX 5 NY) - Dr. Janet Kennedy, a clincial psychologist specializing in sleep disorders, weighs in on some of the most popular gadgets that promise to help you sleep better.
1. Dohm Sound Conditioner- This is my favorite one because it is analog and not digital. Analong creates better sound quality.
2. Philips Deep Sleep Headband- This is for people who have positional snoring. It gives you a subtle vibration.
3.Gravity Blanket- The idea behind a weighted blanket is the pressure that you receive from it is soothing. People with sensory issues can do very well with this. One caveat, is that it's heavy. You should go with 10 percent of your body weight.
4. Gravity Sleep Mask- It's particularly helpful if you sleep with someone on a different schedule.
5. Philips Somneo Sleep and Wake Therapy Light- It's a gentler bringing on of morning.
6. Philips Deep Sleep Head Band- There is scientific evidence that hearing sub-audible tones at different points in your sleep cycle can deepen your sleep.
7. Bet Jet Zone Sheet Set- This is designed for people who have temperature issues at night. It's essentially a fan system.