Executive Chef Maichael Ferraro give up his recipe:
Mac Rueben Grilled Cheese
braised corn beef, sauerkraut & swiss on buttered brioche bread
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup butter
1 qt whole milk
½ cup grated vermont yellow cheddar cheese
½ cup marscarpone cheese
¾ cup grated swiss cheese
¼ tsp grated nutmeg Salt & pepper
3 tbsp Russian dressing
¾ lb elbow macaroni, cooked in salt water 2 ½ cups shredded braised corn beef
1 cup pickled sauerkraut, roughly chopped 16 slices of swiss cheese
16 slices brioche bread
1. Whisk flour and butter together for 5 minutes over medium heat.
2. Add milk and bring to a simmer while whisking and cook for 10 minutes over low heat.
3. Add grated swiss, cheddar and mascarpone cheeses while whisking.
4. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
5. Mix cooked pasta, cheese sauce, corned beef and sauerkraut together in a large bowl. Cool and reserve.
6. Butter the cooking side of brioche bread and layer with reserved mac reuben and sliced swiss cheese.
7. Sauté in butter over a low heat for 3-4 minutes on each side while covered.