NEW YORK (FOX 5 NY) - Chef Frank Maldonado of Sofrito on the Hudson prepared lobster, fennel and mango salad in the Good Day Cafe.
Weight and measures
Ingredient(s): Weight Measure No.
Lobster 1 Lb
Water 2 Cup
Kosher salt ½ tsp
Fennel bulb shave slice thin 1/4
Shallot slice 1
Mango 2 oz
Olive oil 1 oz
Lemon juice 1 tbs
Arugula ½ Cup
Cilantro 1 tbs
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the lobsters and cook until they are bright red, about 7 minutes
2. Transfer the lobsters to a large rimmed baking sheet and let them cool slightly.
3. Remove the lobster meat and cut in square.
4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the cold water with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Add the fennel and refrigerate for about 25 minutes, until the fennel is very crisp.
5. In a medium bowl, mix the lemon juice, cilantro, mango, shallot and scallion. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
6. Drain the fennel and pat dry with paper towels; transfer to a large bowl. Add the arugula and toss well.
1. Arrange the salad on plates Drizzle the lobster with the remaining dressing and serve at once.